This is one for the adults - the perfect Christmas Cocktail to take you through those warm nights of summer (or a long Christmas Eve spent putting together the trampoline that has to be ready for the big day!)
One of our favourite cocktails for Christmas (and beyond, we crack this one out as early as we can in the year) this is a great, easy drink that you can pull out for a wine and cheese night with your friends, or even to impress your folks.
• 1/4 cup caster sugar
• 125g punnet raspberries
• 1/4 cup vodka
• Handful of mint leaves, torn in half
• A small pinch of dried chili flakes
• 1/2 cup champagne
1. Place sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and cool, then cover and chill until needed.
3. Whiz half the berries in a food processor until smooth. Strain, discarding any solids.
4. Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, torn mint leaves, chili flakes, raspberry puree and 2 tbs sugar syrup. Shake well, then stir in champagne
5. Fill glasses with ice, strain over cocktail and serve with remaining mint and berries.
May this drink bring you many fun evenings!
All our love,
Miann & Co x