MID-LEVEL SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
JOB TYPE: Permanent Part-Time (3 days a week with the opportunity to GROW TO FULL TIME)
LOCATION: South Geelong
Miann and Co is a family-owned, Australian-based establishment. We pride ourselves in offering artisanal, handmade, high-quality clothing and wellness products - placing an emphasis on making products as close to it’s natural form as possible.
Our brand is personal, educational and honest. We love to share stories from behind the scenes to show the journey, not just the destination, with our audience.
We design with style and quality in mind. We’re ever improving our ranges season by season, and are ever evolving to walk a little lighter on our beautiful planet. We are hugely passionate about small, rural Australian communities and immersing yourself in the natural environment and simple living. Being raised in small communities ourselves, we’ve seen our greatest opportunities to grow a business in a spawn from a supportive and spirited environment.
Miann & Co aims to appeal to customers that appreciate design, quality and the materials in which the products are made from. Our core customer base is women aged 25-45 who seek ethical and considered choices to benefit their lifestyle.
The role of the Social Media Manager is primarily to administer Miann & Co’s social media and marketing strategy. They are responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. They will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve marketing goals as well as ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
Due to the nature of small biz life, the role will occasionally include assisting with warehouse duties, trade shows and warehouse sales throughout the year and during critical business times.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Initiate and drive social media planning that aligns with Miann & Co’s business goals.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to express the company’s views creatively using our tone of voice.
- Design, write and implement an effective social media marketing plan and strategy to align with business goals.
- Be a highly motivated, self starter with ability to set clear goals and planning.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword search and Google Analytics
- Become an advocate for Miann & Co in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content twice daily to Instagram and Facebook (original text, photo, video and news).
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios to drive engagement.
- Have superior time-management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews on a daily basis (including weekend work) across all social media platforms.
- Oversee the design of Miann & Co’s social media accounts (Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, journal layout, etc.)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions, and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Excellent copywriting skills with ability to develop and use Miann & Co’s tone of voice
- Drive engagement by creating high quality original written and visual content for social media platforms
- Engage influencers, manage our community by responding to comments, and oversee our influencer program.
- Monitor company brand and build brand awareness on social media.
- Develop and manage a social media timeline including generating and scheduling content.
- Attend development and training workshops to expand skill set
- Be aware of relevant upcoming social/community/industry dates and schedule content to support this.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach Miann & Co’s target audience through all social media streams.
- Write and create a regular publishing schedule for journal posts and EDMs.
- Work with our graphic designer to brief weekly EDM’s.
- Reporting and analytics on all social media channels to drive content.
- Implement a content calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns for EDM’s and journal posts.
- Manage marketing plan and communicate to management and the team
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Sometimes in a small business, especially during peak sale periods, it’s all hands on deck. Some other duties you may be called on from time to time include:
- Picking items according to the order from the warehouse.
- Packing orders according to specified packing guidelines.
- Ship and fulfil customer orders in our inventory system, inputting appropriate tracking numbers and links.
- Perform bi-annual stocktakes on all products in the warehouse.
- Assist with warehouse sales, including working weekends where required, bump in and bump out.
- Maintain general tidiness of warehouse and office areas.
- Assist with seasonal events including trade show/pop up shops - bump in and bump out
- Engage on Miann & Co social media posts with comments and likes.
- Assist with photo shoot production, coordination and style assist duties where required. Note: This may involve interstate/international travel.
- Assist with inputting products, descriptions and pricing into Shopify
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- Latest CV and folio
- 1 x sample journal post with subject of your choosing, using Miann & Co tone of voice and visual aesthetic.
- 5 x sample Instagram captions of your choosing, using Miann & Co tone of voice and visual aesthetic.
- 3 x sample Facebook captions of your choosing, using Miann & Co tone of voice and visual aesthetic.
- 2 minutes of video content relevant to Miann & Co tone of voice and visual aesthetic.
Applications close strictly at 5pm Friday the 24th of July 2020
PLEASE EMAIL CAREERS@MIANNANDCO.COM.AU
- All applications must meet the above requirements or they will not be considered.
- The role is an 'in-house' position only, we will not consider remote working arrangements at present due to the small nature of our team.
Good luck we cannot wait to meet you.