We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our creative team in our Head Office in south Geelong.
Working alongside the creative director we want someone that is passionate, creative, and entrepreneurial.
Join us in our pursuit of creativity and community and inclusivity. Apply now!
Miann & Co graphic design.
Creative digital role for Miann & Co design team.
- Email Design – Focus mainly on email, creating artistic and mood-driven messaging for the FP customer. Utilize skills in typography, photo layout, colour palette, and artwork.
- Website Design – Support team in designing updates for website site laying out product and trends in an exciting way for desktop & mobile friendly.
- Mobile – Awareness of mobile design, applying knowledge of best mobile practices & industry standards.
- Pinterest posting and creating boards.
- Experience in Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest platforms
- Inspiration - Contribute to seasonal team trend through mood boards considering customer and applicable fashion & graphic trends.
- Artwork – Contribute to and enhance the Miann & Co aesthetic through artwork across the brands web and social platforms.
- Accurately interpreting and executing briefs from our Design team.
- Creating artwork for placement and yardage prints, embroideries, embellishments and more.
- Assist with styling and mood board creations for photo-shoots to be used for creating content for website.
- Working with the Creative Director & Brand Manager to develop and deliver social media strategies that drive brand awareness and engagement.
- Maintain and driving Miann & Co promotional calendar.
- Using creativity to create/visualise outstanding new artworks in line with Miann & Co style and handwriting
- Designing labelling/packaging for Miann & Co product lines.
- Researching /Sharing knowledge of local and overseas market trends.
- Work with Brand Director on campaign direction, mood boards and execute.
- Artistic opportunities to collaborate in other areas such as social, app artwork, branding, logo development, hand lettering, illustration, and promotional artwork.
Qualifications and role requirement
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Passionate about and skilled in branding, mood, colour, and artistic design techniques.
- Strong knowledge of typography, hierarchy, alignment, placement, and composition. Mastery of technical spacing including: kerning, tracking, leading.
- Experience designing with photography and laying out imagery considering balance, flow, composition, and white space.
- Knowledge of Photoshop techniques, tools, and shortcuts. Organized and streamlined program workflow.
- Ability to balance workload & priorities staying organized and flexible, and working quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with a strong point-of-view. Can interpret feedback and follow creative direction.
- Maintains open, positive, and professional communication with team members and cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of best web and mobile practices including file specs, appropriate sizing. Slicing is a plus.
- Be able to communicate and work alongside our other two graphic designers on our creative vision.
- Understands Miann & Co brand as a whole, along our customer and applicable trends
Education Must have a tertiary qualification in graphics / textile design or certificate.
The role requires someone with a very strong creative eye and highly organised and passionate about small business.
This is a permanent full-time position – in house at our Geelong head office.
We are a family run business that is committed to their customers and serving their customer’s needs. This is an amazing opportunity for a new graduate or someone with 1- 3 years experience to get a broad range of experience with a strong career path.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- Latest CV and folio and cover letter
- Sample front web page souring photos from external sources (not Miann & Co) to demonstrate a strong front webpage that delivers the Miann & Co aesthetic.
- 2 x Newsletters that would show creativity and strategy and deliver one womenswear newsletter and one kids newsletter. Can use images from our Miann & Co website – get creative.
Applications close strictly at 5pm on Friday 30th October please email all applications through firstname.lastname@example.org only applicants who have completed all aspects of the application will be Considered .
Good luck we cannot wait to meet you.